Definition of deverbal in English:
(Of a noun or adjective) derived from a verb.
- Many of these deverbal nouns (of both English and French origin) have stuck with us, and we don't bat an eye at them (turn, slide, ride, bite,…).
- In a recent Washington Monthly article on Niall Ferguson, Benjamin Wallace-Wells cited a deverbal noun that was new to me.
- Such coinages arose on the basis of a separate suffixal model of deverbal nominalization quite rarely.
nounBack to top
A deverbal noun or adjective.
- We explain the types of TLCS and also show the procedure of assigning TLCSs to deverbals.
- Thomas has finished with deverbals and is now working with denominals.
- The section devoted to the ium suffix is divided into three sub-sections: uncompounded deverbals in ium, preverb-compounded deverbals in ium and synthetics compounds in ium (primordium).