Definition of devotional in English:
Of or used in religious worship: devotional books
More example sentences
- They sing devotional songs in praise of the lord, and holy texts are chanted throughout the night.
- When with devotees of other sects, they enthusiastically join in their devotional songs.
- Anyway, after reading a section from one of Hine's books about devotional magic I decided to make a shrine for Ganesha.
- Example sentences
- Icons, viewed with John's caveats, can be very devotionally useful.
- Some performers emphasize the spiritual zealotry of the dance, whose early practitioners performed devotionally in Hindu temples.
- All Christians imitate Christ; it does not follow that every formal echo of every pose in which Christ has appeared is theologically or devotionally of prime significance.