noun (plural dewberries)
1A trailing European bramble with soft prickles and edible fruit resembling the blackberry, which have a dewy white bloom on the skin.
- Rubus caesius, family Rosaceae
- Included in the brambles are raspberries, blackberries, dewberries, loganberries, bayberries, and the wineberry.
- The genus also includes the blackberry, cloudberry, dewberry, and salmonberry, and is part of the rose family.
- One of the most common and widespread diseases of brambles in the United States, anthracnose can infect both red and black raspberries, blackberries, dewberries, and loganberries.
1.2The blue-black fruit of the dewberry.
- Touch for Women is a rich fragrance blended from cassis, dewberry and rosehip that is guaranteed to have you hooked - well we know that it worked for Sophie Dahl.
- In recent years, end-of-term present-giving has become a seriously competitive business: today's teachers can expect at the very least flowers, chocolates, wine and a year's supply of Body Shop dewberry bubble bath.
- I could softly talk into the microphone and record the type of clouds billowing above, the look of the dew on the grass, the hawk gliding overhead, the ripe dewberries at my feet.
Words that rhyme with dewberryblueberry
Definition of dewberry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.