noun[mass noun] • informal
- Itching inflammation of the skin, especially in the groin region, suffered particularly in the tropics and typically caused by certain types of ringworm infection or by allergic dermatitis.More example sentences
- Lamisil AT Cream is an antifungal cream for the treatment of athlete's foot, dhobie itch and ringworm.
- This irritation, when coupled with a fungus infection in the groin region, is known as jock strap itch, or dhobie itch, and is technically named tinea-cruris.
- Life in Sierra Leone was good, that is if you ignore the mosquitoes, malaria, dhobi itch, prickly heat, jigger fleas, tomba flies and being permanently soaked in sweat.
More definitions of dhobi itchDefinition of dhobi itch in:
- The US English dictionary