- A disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and the production of large amounts of urine.More example sentences
- Members suffer from illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
- His brother died of scarlet fever, many other villagers succumbed to asthma and diabetes.
- The main cause of death in our cohort with diabetes was ischaemic heart disease.
mid 16th century: via Latin from Greek, literally 'siphon', from diabainein 'go through'.
More definitions of diabetesDefinition of diabetes in:
- The US English dictionary