- 1Identify the nature of (an illness or other problem) by examination of the symptoms: two doctors failed to diagnose a punctured lungMore example sentences
- Doctors usually diagnose the disease after studying the symptoms, and excluding other possible causes.
- The surgeon diagnoses the problem by barium enema or a colonoscopy and schedules surgery.
- Generally speaking, a team that includes both a speech therapist and surgeon working together best diagnoses these problems.
- 1.1Identify the nature of the medical condition of: she was finally diagnosed as having epilepsy 20,000 men are diagnosed with skin cancer every yearMore example sentences
- Would this woman have been given such advice if her unborn child was not diagnosed as having the condition?
- Pollyanna was just six weeks old when she was diagnosed as having the condition.
- George was diagnosed with the potentially deadly condition days after his second birthday.
- More example sentences
- Unlike cancer, CAD is readily preventable, diagnosable, treatable and even reversible.
- Some violent offenders are not sociopathic or psychopathic, yet probably about 20 percent of the prison population is diagnosable as being psychopathic.
- Studies indicate that more than 90 per cent of suicide victims have a diagnosable psychiatric illness such as depression.
mid 19th century: back-formation from diagnosis.