Definition of dialyse in English:
1Purify (a mixture) by means of dialysis.
- The reaction mixtures were subsequently dialyzed against 100 mM ammonium acetate solution at pH 7.4 in the dark followed by lyophilization.
- The urine was dialyzed against deionized water in 6-8 kDa molecular weight cutoff dialysis tubing (Spectrapor, Spectrum Laboratories, Rancho Domingues, CA) and lyophilized.
- The purified protein was dialyzed into 20 mM ammonium bicarbonate and lyophilized.
1.1Treat (a patient) by means of dialysis.
- Somewhere around 1/4 of all of our patients are dialyzed that way.
- Humour, even during war, and illness, are not missing; nor is irony: the first patient to be successfully dialysed and live was a Quisling who had become ill in gaol after the Liberation.
- The morning after he's dialyzed, while still on subcutaneous heparin, he tells an alert resident about slight breathlessness.
mid 19th century: from dialysis, on the pattern of analyse.
Definition of dialyse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan