Definition of diamond in English:
- Boucheron won the day, and will be auctioning an exquisite brooch of diamonds, rock crystal, topaz and emeralds, with the cash donated to the new foundation.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, opals, sapphires, and rubies are produced in Brazil.
- The country is also blessed with plenty of precious minerals such as diamonds, gold, emeralds, amethyst which are all waiting to be exploited.
- One of these was a diamond crusted circular saw for cutting rocks.
- The appropriate mathematical function of the asphere must simply be loaded into the control system for the diamond tool to follow as it cuts across the surface.
- Can't cut it with any of our tools, even the diamond laser, without completely shattering it beyond use.
Diamonds occur in some igneous rock formations (kimberlite) and alluvial deposits. They are typically octahedral in shape but can be cut in many ways to enhance the internal reflection and refraction of light, producing jewels of sparkling brilliance. Diamonds are also used in cutting tools and abrasives
- Score the inner side in a diamond pattern with the tip of a small, sharp knife and then cut into 5cm / 2inch squares.
- When trying to widen a space, square tiles should be laid in a diamond pattern and rectangular tiles should be laid in a brick or herringbone pattern.
- She looked overhead and noticed on top of the clock tower, a giant crystal, not as round or red as the one the ship, but a triangular blue diamond shape.
- This is a valid tractor because four in a suit other than diamonds is the next rank above ace.
- Because of the difference in score, clubs and diamonds are called the minor suits and hearts and spades are the major suits.
- The familiar suits of hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades were introduced by French cardmakers in the late fifteenth century.
- I agree with the idea of having each one of the four buttons on the gamepad correspond to their respective bases on the baseball diamond.
- The Mets would love to add Furcal, even though they would have to convince him to move to the right on the infield diamond and play second base.
- The playing area is delineated by two perpendicular lines that converge at the home plate, the focus point of the diamond made up of four bases - home, first, second and third.
- Beautiful restored depot with L shaped tracks on each side. There is a diamond where the tracks cross at a corner of the station.
- Up ahead the engine rumbles across the trestle and clatters over the crossing tracks at State Line diamond.
- This included the removal of the diamond at the crossing of the D.LT. and the Columbus Subdivision.
- Example sentences
- More recently, modern exploration has resulted in the reported identification of uneconomic though diamondiferous kimberlites in Iron and Dickinson Counties in northern Michigan.
- In recent years, submerged diamondiferous deposits, of mostly latest Quaternary age, lying on the continental shelf off the West Coast of southern Africa have attracted a great deal of economic and geological interest.
- The results from exploration by the company since project commencement during mid 1999 are considered to be very encouraging for the discovery of diamondiferous kimberlite source rocks.