Definition of diarrhoea in English:
A condition in which faeces are discharged from the bowels frequently and in a liquid form: a range of symptoms including diarrhoea and vomiting
More example sentences
- Constipation, diarrhoea or alternating constipation and diarrhoea are common symptoms.
- Their symptoms include vomiting and diarrhoea as well as nausea and general aches and pains.
- Its most common side effects include diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, and skin rash.
loose motions, looseness of the bowels
informal the skitters, the runs, the trots, gippy tummy, holiday tummy, Spanish tummy, Delhi belly, Montezuma's revenge, Aztec revenge, Aztec two-step
British informal the squits
North American informal turista
- Example sentences
- Other diagnoses included diarrhoeal disease, dengue fever, typhoid, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, brucellosis, acute myeloid leukaemia, and infectious mononucleosis.
- The report describes how all major infectious diseases including tuberculosis, malaria, AIDS, pneumonia, and diarrhoeal diseases are slowly becoming resistant to existing drugs.
- Siti said babies and children were most vulnerable to lung infections, malaria, diarrheal diseases, cholera and measles, which usually emerge after floods.
- Example sentences
- A total of 13 Salmonella isolates were recovered from cattle diarrhoeic rectal swabs comprising S. Enteritidis, S. Typhimurium, and S. Bareilly.
- She had a one-year history of what she described as ‘active stomach’: She felt a permanent activity in her abdomen, a need to pass diarrheic stools, and was constantly ‘aware of her rectum.’
- The length of each diarrheic episode ranged from O to 19 days in foals from treated dams and from 2 to 21 days in foals from non-treated dams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia