- An organic compound containing two nitrogen atoms bonded together, especially a diazonium compound.More example sentences
- The color is from the diazo group - a lot of small diazo compounds have it, or so I hear.
- When the aqueous solution containing the diazo compound is heated, the latter is converted into a phenol.
- Table I gives yields of diazo compounds produced by this vacuum pyrolysis method.
late 19th century: diazo from diazonium.
More definitions of diazo compoundDefinition of diazo compound in:
- The US English dictionary