- Involving or relating to the simultaneous stimulation of the right and left ear by different sounds.More example sentences
- This dichotic auditory stimulus in which the only difference in the sounds to the two ears is the sound pressure level, is heard as a sound inside the head (lateralized).
- Using dichotic listening tasks, Bryden also studied the differential processing of verbal and emotional stimuli, and abnormal lateralized functioning in children with learning disabilities.
- Relatively recently a study applied the dichotic listening paradigm to investigate correlation of handedness with language lateralization in twins and concluded that language lateralization is nongenetic in origin.
mid 20th century: from Greek dikho- 'apart' + ous, ōt- 'ear' + -ic.
More definitions of dichoticDefinition of dichotic in:
- The US English dictionary