Definition of die-cast in English:
(Of a metal object) formed by pouring molten metal into a reusable mould: a die-cast aluminium loudspeaker chassis
More example sentences
- Some items such as rail ends and eye tops are made from die-cast aluminum as well as galvanized steel.
- Here, the firm chose a fixture made from chrome-plated steel joined to an adjustable die-cast aluminum adapter.
- The units feature a die-cast aluminum housing and sealed industrial M12 connectors.
verb[with object] (usually as noun die-casting) Back to top
Make (a metal object) by pouring molten metal into a mould.
- Both methods employ the use of permanent moulds, usually similar to those used for die-casting but of different metal, and castings can be produced weighing from a few ounces up to hundredweights by this method.
- Gammons said pressure faced by the magnesium die-casting industry from the automotive industry to reduce costs will keep prices down at a level where Chinese imports will be uneconomic after the duties are levied.
- THE 100 strikers, members of the GMB union, at Lupton & Place die-casting factories in Burnley returned to work last week.
Definition of die-cast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan