Having or showing a composed or serious manner that is worthy of respect: she maintained a dignified silence a dignified old lady
More example sentences
- A man of quiet disposition, Andy's dignified manner engendered widespread respect and regard.
- A man of an extraordinary generous nature, he reached out to many down the years and his dignified presence and manner commanded much respect and regard.
- The Trust has been rightly praised for its efforts over the last year, conducting itself in a dignified manner, and its continued presence must be reassuring to fans during these troubled times.
- More example sentences
- ‘You can tell me anything in front of him,’ she said dignifiedly.
- She looked over her shoulder at the woman as she walked slowly, more dignifiedly away, maintaining eye contact until she turned a corner.
- Telling herself not to let it bother her, she walked past him dignifiedly and saw with the corner of her eyes that he had started to follow her.