noun[mass noun] North American
- The electronic transfer of money from one bank account to another.More example sentences
- They've moved away, for example, from the cash payment for most of the security forces that is rife with corruption to a direct payment, direct deposit into accounts using checks.
- Enter your bank routing and account numbers for easy direct deposit.
- Additionally, there were widespread reports of robbery at the distribution sites, and it was further noted that senior citizens were distrustful of the banks or had no accounts for direct deposits.
More definitions of direct depositDefinition of direct deposit in:
- The US English dictionary