Definition of disambiguate in English:
Remove uncertainty of meaning from (an ambiguous sentence, phrase, or other linguistic unit): word senses can be disambiguated by examining the context
More example sentences
- Nonetheless, when text is read, the absence of a vowel is a cue to retrieve the semantic context so as to disambiguate opaque words that are ambiguous.
- Interestingly, when creating the spirituality and health thesaurus, I thought we were disambiguating terms until we did the indexing pilot study.
- Unless you are using it to disambiguate items in a list, a semicolon should be used only between independent clauses - that is, clauses that can stand as complete sentences on their own.
- Example sentences
- The imperfections of polysemy analyses have not deterred computational linguists from attempting to devise algorithms for disambiguation and sense selection.
- Her research in computational linguistics includes work in the areas of word-sense disambiguation and discourse analysis, where she has published numerous papers over the past 15 years.
- These kinds of approaches do not use multiagent architectures and instead target complex knowledge representation and sophisticated meaning disambiguation.
Definition of disambiguate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia