Remove uncertainty of meaning from (an ambiguous sentence, phrase, or other linguistic unit): word senses can be disambiguated by examining the context
More example sentences
- Nonetheless, when text is read, the absence of a vowel is a cue to retrieve the semantic context so as to disambiguate opaque words that are ambiguous.
- Interestingly, when creating the spirituality and health thesaurus, I thought we were disambiguating terms until we did the indexing pilot study.
- Unless you are using it to disambiguate items in a list, a semicolon should be used only between independent clauses - that is, clauses that can stand as complete sentences on their own.
- More example sentences
- The imperfections of polysemy analyses have not deterred computational linguists from attempting to devise algorithms for disambiguation and sense selection.
- Her research in computational linguistics includes work in the areas of word-sense disambiguation and discourse analysis, where she has published numerous papers over the past 15 years.
- These kinds of approaches do not use multiagent architectures and instead target complex knowledge representation and sophisticated meaning disambiguation.
Definition of disambiguate in:
- The US English dictionary