Make untidy or disordered: had any of the statues been removed or disarranged?
More example sentences
- Then he, of course, had to turn to me and disarrange my hair too.
- In this posture, they are expected to enter the professional and intellectual classes without disarranging the furniture too much, or bringing in too much of a cool breeze relating to other aspects of the status quo.
- It didn't come down, but everything in the room was disarranged.
disorder, bring/throw into disorder, put out of place, throw into disarray, make disorderly, disorganize, disturb, displace;
make untidy, mess up, make a mess of;
informal turn topsy-turvy, make a shambles of
North American informal muss up
- Example sentences
- From his makeshift grave in France and the disarrangement of his bones, Yeats arrived in precisely the setting he had always intended, a setting he had already dramatized as his final resting-place.
- The vast majority of these spindle disturbances could be characterized as full c-mitoses showing severe disarrangement of the chromosomes, such as complete scattering in the cytoplasm, often accompanied by abnormal contractions.
- Her tan fur had been brushed until it glowed and her mane was strung around her shoulders in artful disarrangement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.