- Surgical removal of the whole or a part of an intervertebral disc: recurrent episodes may be treated with discectomyMore example sentences
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is used to treat degenerative cervical disc disease that cannot be relieved by conservative therapy.
- Wouldn't it be nice to find an efficacious alternative to discectomy?
- Success rates for discectomy and decompression are high - 80 to 90 per cent - but stabilisation is more complex and a minority of patients may need further surgery or their condition may even deteriorate.
More definitions of discectomyDefinition of discectomy in:
- The US English dictionary