Definition of discharger in English:
1A person or thing that discharges something, in particular:
- Dharma also sells a color discharger for removing dye from fabric.
- Nitrus altered the direction of the energy dischargers, turning up the speed once again.
- You can try Rit color discharger or a similar product that is available at www.dharmatrading.com.
1.1A person or organization that allows industrial waste or other harmful substances to be released into the environment.
- As a favor to utility and coal industries, the country's largest mercury dischargers, the organisation sat for nine months on a report exposing the catastrophic impact on children's health of mercury, finally releasing it in February 2003.
- He has been in a number of programs, including the conduct of monitoring surveys, setting standards for industrial dischargers, standards for drinking water, and protection/enhancement of ocean and coastal waters.
- But he maintains, ‘under the program, this water would still be defined as pollution,’ requiring dischargers to acquire permits.
1.2A device that releases nerve gas or other substances for military purposes.
- There are six smoke grenade dischargers, three fitted either side of the main gun.
- Three smoke grenade dischargers are mounted on each side of the turret.
- By performing some tasks, the player can set some objects into action; either gates of a hangar will open, or radars will start working or a discharger will fire a rocket.
1.3An apparatus for releasing or neutralizing an electric charge.
- To enable the control module to function as a battery discharger, a number of additional hardware components are required.
- This is combined with a built in discharger to give a very nice charging system.
- Commonly available R/C car battery dischargers work on single packs of between 4 and 10 cells.
Definition of discharger in:
- US English dictionary