Definition of discombobulate in English:
verb[with object] humorous , chiefly North American
Disconcert or confuse (someone): (as adjective discombobulated) he is looking a little pained and discombobulated
More example sentences
- Now that I'm in Vermont and earning money, I'm completely discombobulated.
- I was slightly discombobulated, turning around several times to make sure whom they were addressing.
- Being around him discombobulates her to no end.
- Example sentences
- It's the kind of pleasant discombobulation you get from a midway hall of mirrors.
- But the 39-year-old comedian's unsettled nature seems to run deeper than mere discombobulation at missing an appointment.
- It's a slightly more melodic piece than what was on Wednesday's program, but the effect of discombobulation was basically the same.
Words that rhyme with discombobulatemodulate
Definition of discombobulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan