Definition of disconformity in English:
noun (plural disconformities)
1 [mass noun] Lack of conformity.
- The passages from the specification set out above do not demonstrate any disconformity.
- But even if it is construing ambiguous legislation, one takes into account that we are not going to be in disconformity with our international obligations unless it is clear.
- However, disconformity of practice with constitutional requirements is no inhibition against truly expounding the text and implications of the Constitution.
2 Geology A break in a sedimentary sequence which does not involve a difference of inclination between the strata on each side of the break. Compare with unconformity.
- Unconformities vary in type from disconformities related to subaerial exposure to stratigraphic gaps of variable extent and their correlative paraconformities, followed by deepening surfaces.
- Nodules rich in phosphatic material are found in residual accumulations along disconformities, such as bone beds or lag deposits in marine limestones and shales.
- More specific questions might relate to taphonomic conditions, identification and temporal assessment of disconformities, or the nature of specific anthropogenic sediments.
Definition of disconformity in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.