Having intervals or gaps: a person with a discontinuous employment record
More example sentences
- Unfortunately, subaerial erosion has made the continental sedimentary record very incomplete and discontinuous.
- The hanging-wall zone contained 33% of the copper and was the most erratic and discontinuous zone.
- However, the prospects for discontinuous, disruptive change appear slim.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'producing discontinuity'): from medieval Latin discontinuus, from dis- 'not' + continuus (see continuous).
- More example sentences
- Its findings suggest, however, that without major acquisitions, the likelihood of moving instantaneously and discontinuously from one period's opportunity frontier to that of another is low.
- We don't say there's a missing link in a cliff, because the height changes discontinuously along the ground, that's just how landscape works.
- Clearly this coarse-grained level of model cannot pick up specific and discontinuously large shifts of the transition state, which in small proteins will often dominate particular cases.