noun[mass noun] Finance
- A method of assessing investments taking into account the expected accumulation of interest.More example sentences
- A discounted cash flow calculation takes into account the value of earnings in future years.
- After all, goodwill is a noncash item, and most companies value assets based on discounted cash flow.
- The risk-free rate is also the basis for corporations and other investors evaluating projects or potential acquisition candidates using discounted cash flow analysis.
More definitions of discounted cash flowDefinition of discounted cash flow in:
- The US English dictionary