Definition of discreditable in English:
Tending to bring harm to a reputation: allegations of discreditable conduct
More example sentences
- They face possible suspension for discreditable conduct and bringing the Police Service into disrepute.
- Public assertions of such discreditable conduct threaten reputation and professional livelihood.
- And there is nothing in there about criminal conduct or discreditable conduct, even in criminal proceedings.
- Example sentences
- It is hard to remember a conference speech by a major party leader which did less for public debate and which reflects so discreditably on the person who gave it.
- Ryan eyed her discreditably, though laughter flickered behind the almost black eyes.
- He is objective about himself, even when that objectivity is apt to reflect discreditably upon himself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.