Definition of discriminating in English:
Having or showing refined taste or good judgement: he became a discriminating collector and patron of the arts
More example sentences
- ‘The composer's operetta appeals to a less discriminating taste for melody, harmony and rhythm,’ he said.
- Here are the latest DVD releases for those with discriminating tastes.
- For people of discriminating tastes, that is the ideal karaoke.
- Example sentences
- Encouragement and reward are, of course, essential for learning but only when used intelligently, discriminatingly, closely focused on the product or process of a pupil's work.
- We're probably supposed to assume he bought his Internet stocks just as discriminatingly.
- Maybe your ability to listen to them discriminatingly is damaged as well.