Definition of disintermediation in English:
noun[mass noun] Economics
Reduction in the use of intermediaries between producers and consumers, for example by investing directly in the securities market rather than through a bank.
- Along with financial disintermediation, investment relative to GDP declined over time.
- But it was also to avoid the bank disintermediation associated with a stock market boom.
- We remain in the heart of a major disintermediation out of low-yielding money fund deposits and into securities.
- 1disintermediate verb
- Example sentences
- Then the financial markets became disintermediated.
- Trade is intermediated through brokers or core firms, or it can be disintermediated, meaning that suppliers interact directly with customers.
- We were concerned that our business could be disintermediated by powerful search engines, so we thought defensively about what to do.
Definition of disintermediation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.