Fail to obey (rules, a command, or someone in authority): around 1,000 soldiers had disobeyed orders and surrendered
More example sentences
- She never disobeyed laws or rules for her own ill-gotten gains, it was just that she was good at it, and it was fun.
- That is what civil disobedience is: disobeying existing laws in order to promote change.
- She had disobeyed a witness summons ordering her to give evidence at the trial.
- Example sentences
- The counter argument, from the disobeyer's point of view, is that the social contract is a fiction as there is no historical evidence of any such agreement ever being entered into.
- Lovers of freedom, lovers of social justice, disarmers, peacekeepers, civil disobeyers, democrats, civil rights activists, and defenders of the environment are legions in a single multiform cause.
- All we need to do is assign teams to organize civil disobeyers for each bridge.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dis|obey
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.