- Something formed by distillation: petroleum distillates [mass noun]: natural gas mixed with distillateMore example sentences
- Also, it is no longer economically efficient to use natural gas or high-level petroleum distillates as boiler fuel.
- Be careful of the orange cleaner you buy, many contain petroleum distillates that dry certain fabrics and material.
- Gases are generated from the burning of fossil fuels such as natural gas and petroleum distillates.
mid 19th century: from Latin distillatus 'fallen in drops', from the verb distillare (see distil).
More definitions of distillateDefinition of distillate in:
- The US English dictionary