- The most noticeable distinction (apart from various details of the skeleton) are the more forward position of the eyes.
- In this debate, crucial distinctions are too often blurred.
- The United States recently earned the dubious distinction of having the highest incarceration rate in the world.
- Why draw arbitrary lines of distinction and value in different spheres of work?
- So long as we agree about the marking, it is of no great consequence where we draw the line between pass and failure, or between the different levels of distinction.
- As the man assembles without distinction samples from different areas, each track feeds on combined atmospheres.
- Today Châteauneuf remains in good standing, crafting some excellent wines of real distinction and merit.
- They act as a showcase for the farming sector and they have fulfilled that role with flair and distinction for many years.
- The Supreme Court, in other words, has seldom been a showcase of intellectual distinction.
- Should we now admit who we are and have our merits and distinctions and even honours awards taken away?
- This was the first year the school had the Leaving Cert Applied option and many pupils were awarded merits and distinctions.
- She was awarded two distinctions, one for Pianoforte Playing and one for getting 100% in Theory and Harmony.
- University admissions requirements will vary from institution to institution, but are likely to expect either a merit or a distinction grade.
- Our other two applicants for higher grade distinctions were not so lucky on this attempt, but better luck next time lads.
- Her music went from strength to strength and she achieved Grade 8 distinctions in both singing and piano.
Middle English (in the sense 'subdivision, category'): via Old French from Latin distinctio(n-), from the verb distinguere (see distinguish).
Words that rhyme with distinctionextinction, intinction
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dis|tinc¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.