Definition of ditheism in English:
A belief in two gods, especially as independent and opposed principles of good and evil.
- What features in this world would make you accept the following: a) polytheism, b) ditheism, c) monotheism?
- However, the acceptance of ditheism does not fit in with the monotheistic concept of God and the Devil.
- Hippolytus was careful to avoid ditheism noting explicitly that ‘I do not mean that there are two Gods.’
- Example sentences
- They became ditheist to try to recruit money in the United States from the Protestant Trinitarian system.
- He was even ashamed of telling the truth, because he had publicly insulted us as ditheists.
- Evil was an article of faith commonly identified with ‘Darkness’ among many different kinds of formerly numerous ditheists since the original Zoroastrians.
Definition of ditheism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia