Definition of diuretic in English:
(Chiefly of drugs) causing increased passing of urine.
- It may be necessary to increase the diuretic dosage, decrease the beta-blocker dosage or discontinue the beta blocker.
- You have to be brave, silly or very determined to go out shopping shortly after you've taken your daily dose of diuretic pills.
- It supports natural diuretic action, but does not force water from the body like diuretic pills.
nounBack to top
A diuretic drug.
- ACE inhibitors may be a preferred second drug to add to diuretics if necessary to achieve blood pressure control.
- Patients with atrial fibrillation also had more drug days for diuretics and for electrolytes.
- The mean blood pressure readings were the same for the diuretics and the newer drugs.
Definition of diuretic in:
- US English dictionary