- A musical direction indicating that a section of players should be divided into two or more groups each playing a different part: [postpositive]: violas divisiMore example sentences
- The only nit I have to pick concerns the thinning out of string tone in the multi - divisi passages.
- We have already noted the addition of divisi violas.
noun (plural same)Back to top
- A divisi passage of music.More example sentences
- There were nine of us, three for each part and at least one for each divisi.
Italian, literally 'divided' (plural), from dividere 'to divide'.
More definitions of divisiDefinition of divisi in:
- The US English dictionary