Definition of doctrinal in English:
Concerned with a doctrine or doctrines: doctrinal disputes
More example sentences
- ‘It is not for a secular newspaper to comment on the doctrinal disputes of any religious faith’.
- This is not simply a doctrinal dispute over what name God is to be called, it is a dispute of who God actually is.
- The errors needed correcting, and besides, this was no time for doctrinal disputes!
- Example sentences
- That is where a different way of thinking, less doctrinally liberal, less fundamentalist and more pluralist, is required.
- His work has advanced the church on a course that was institutionally and doctrinally unimaginable even forty years ago.
- Still, various groups differ in their understanding of what specific texts have been explicitly or doctrinally judged as constituting Scripture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan