Definition of dodecagon in English:
A plane figure with twelve straight sides and angles.
- Dissections can get quite elaborate: A seven-pointed star becomes two heptagons; a dodecagon turns into three identical squares; and so on.
- If you have a 40 yard loop with a post every yard, it doesn't matter whether it's a circle, a square, or a dodecagon.
- How many triangles does it take to make a dodecagon?
Late 17th century: from Greek dōdekagōnon, neuter (used as a noun) of dōdekagōnos 'twelve-angled'.
- Example sentences
- There are two imposing gatehouses and a central dodecagonal hall, with wings A to F radiating off from it.
- It is the power which is surrounded by a dodecagonal pyramid or dodecahedron—a hint which should persuade astrologers to reconsider their "signs of the zodiac."
Words that rhyme with dodecagonDijon • demijohn • ancon
Definition of dodecagon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan