- 1A thing that bends sharply, in particular a sharp bend in a road or route: [as modifier]: they took us through a dog-leg caveMore example sentences
- On its initial try, the plane was unable to get airborne after a long run of five or six miles over the dog-leg course curving around the two bays.
- The creek pulled a dog-leg bend around the point of land where the rock stood, and the fly-caster was out of sight behind the heavy brush.
- I suppose the moral of this story is that we need to learn how to navigate in dog-legs around such obstacles.
- 1.1 Golf A hole where the fairway has a bend: [as modifier]: this hole is a dog-leg par-4 with a water hazard on the rightMore example sentences
- She atoned for the lapse with a winning par five at the dog-leg sixth but two holes later Caroline levelled only to trail again after bogeying the 10th.
- One of Augusta's flagship holes, the dog-leg par-five 13th, has undergone the smallest change.
- Mrs Wilson added: ‘Even though it is a short course it has a bit of a dog-leg.’
More definitions of dog-legDefinition of dog-leg in:
- The US English dictionary