- 1A metal tag attached to a dog’s collar, typically giving its name and owner’s address.More example sentences
- But last month, Beryl received a phone call from a woman in Southport who said she had found Toby: he was still wearing his dog tag and collar.
- There was a glint of silver in her collar; a dog tag.
- Each copy also has a dog tag and doggie-snack (hence the name of the book) attached to the cover, to lure your lost pet home.
- 1.1North American • informal A soldier’s metal identity tag.More example sentences
- They have developed an identity medal that is fashioned after a military dog tag.
- An American businessman who had visited the regional military museum here in Dandong reported that he had seen a metal identification tag or dog tag.
- The government recently contracted with four private companies to reinvent the dog tag, which has changed little since the armed forces made wearing them mandatory in 1913.
More definitions of dog tagDefinition of dog tag in:
- The US English dictionary