Definition of doghouse in English:
1A dog’s kennel.
- The organization has spent well over a quarter of a million dollars to improve the facilities, build and deliver doghouses for animals left outside in all weather.
- I regard organized religion in much the same way a turtle regards a doghouse - I'm pretty well covered, thank you, so let's just keep ignoring each other.
- It's about this big, and it shows the cartoon dog on top of the doghouse lying there, and his owner standing next to him with a little bowl of food.
be in the doghouse
- informal Be in disgrace or disfavour: his country is in the doghouseMore example sentences
- ‘I think you're still in the doghouse, dude,’ Alvin said.
- When I was their age and I got in trouble with my mom and dad, I knew I was in big big trouble if they called me by the full name - I was in the doghouse.
- So, justly or not, I'm in the doghouse, as my eight-year-old daughter, in particular, regrets missing the ceremony.
Words that rhyme with doghousedollhouse
Definition of doghouse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan