1A member of a Dene people of NW Canada.
- Then, most Dogribs were still not speaking English and had no concept of the country called Canada.
- No one among the Dogribs broke out to do any fancy dancing, - the accompaniment was by voice only.
- Aboriginally, the several socioterritorial groups or regional bands of Dogribs were autonomous.
Relating to the Dogrib or their language.
- In 1959, she joined a colleague for five months of fieldwork, beginning a 25-year focus on Dogrib ethnography and a research partnership that produced several influential and important articles, books, and reports.
- There are a growing number of Dogrib individuals in leadership positions in their communities and in Yellowknife.
- Native Indians from the Dogrib First Nations community in Canada were demonstrating their ancient lore and traditions in Stromness on Saturday afternoon.
Translation of Dogrib Thlingchadinne 'dog's flank', from the legend that the people's common ancestor was a dog.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Dog¦rib
Definition of Dogrib in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.