Definition of dogsbody in English:
noun (plural dogsbodies)British informal
A person who is given menial tasks to do, especially a junior in an office: I got myself a job as typist and general dogsbody on a small magazine
More example sentences
- Barry, are you the office dogsbody who ends up doing the rubbish jobs the other hacks can't be bothered with?
- His only employment for the whole of his life was as a menial dogsbody in various Catholic Hospitals.
- I worked for nothing, was the office dogsbody, but I learned a lot, explained Rory.
drudge, menial, menial worker, factotum, man of all work, maid of all work, servant, slave, galley slave, lackey, underling, minion;
hewer of wood and drawer of water
British informal skivvy
North American informal peon
- 1dogsbodying noun
- Example sentences
- It is definitely not general dogsbodying.
- We're waiting to hear if the conference organizers are going to offer us free or reduced registration in exchange for dogsbodying.
- We have the most wonderful bunch of people who clean, who supervise in lunch hours, and who provide support with transport, and general dogsbodying.
Words that rhyme with dogsbodyhomebody
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.