- The area of the world in which currency is linked to the US dollar.More example sentences
- To husband their precious hard currency for purchases from the dollar area, each country sought to restrict its imports from each other country to the value of receipts in its currency.
- ‘As a global trading country, Britain carries out more than 50 per cent of its trade in the dollar area.’
- Yet, the introduction of large volumes of dollar area bananas in the wake of the Single European Market has already driven grower prices for many categories of fruit in the Eastern Caribbean below production costs.
More definitions of dollar areaDefinition of dollar area in:
- The US English dictionary