noun[mass noun] Law , chiefly US
- Ownership and control of property.More example sentences
- So there has never been, in the common law, an absolutist, legal concept of human mastery over land, no notion of dominium or ownership.
- He did not differentiate between the proprium or dominium, property rights, and the imperium, political prerogative.
- England struggled with the problem of distinguishing between imperium, or sovereignty, and dominium, or property, in its American colonies.
mid 18th century: from Latin.
More definitions of dominiumDefinition of dominium in:
- The US English dictionary