- The theory that a political event in one country will cause similar events in neighbouring countries, like a falling domino causing an entire row of upended dominoes to fall.More example sentences
- The first, usually called the domino theory, held that the fall of Vietnam could cause the fall of all Indochina and then the rest of Southeast Asia, with repercussions extending west to India and east to Japan and the Philippines.
- Morris shows us lines of rising and falling dominoes set up over a map of South-East Asia so we can visualise the domino theory - the recurring nightmare of the 1950s and 1960s.
- If failed states facilitate terrorist organization, than the spread of regional instability would seem to fulfill the second assumption you list as critical to the domino theory.
More definitions of domino theoryDefinition of domino theory in:
- The US English dictionary