verb[with object] Physiology
Bend (something, typically the hand or foot) dorsally or towards its upper surface: the subject dorsiflexed the ankle
More example sentences
- The patient then dorsiflexes the foot 10 times according to a standard protocol and then rests for 45 seconds.
- The equinus is corrected by dorsiflexing the fully abducted foot.
- On the other hand, eversion of an axially loaded and dorsiflexed ankle may be a far more prevalent injury mechanism in snowboarding compared with other activities.
- More example sentences
- The mechanism of injury is excessive dorsiflexion and eversion of the ankle joint with internal rotation of the tibia.
- In medial ankle sprains, the mechanism of injury is excessive eversion and dorsiflexion.
- In some cases, a night splint for a period of 6 to 8 weeks in a dorsiflexed position is helpful to maintain and enhance passive dorsiflexion.
Definition of dorsiflex in:
- The US English dictionary