- 1The size or frequency of a dose of a medicine or drug: a dosage of 450 milligrams a day [mass noun]: there are recommendations about dosage in elderly patientsMore example sentences
- If possible, quantitative recommendations on dosages and dosing intervals should be made.
- Most over-the-counter and prescription drugs list different dosages based on the size of a child or warn not to use the medicine with children.
- Doctors routinely access medical databases for drug dosages and interactions.
- 1.1A level of exposure to or absorption of ionizing radiation.More example sentences
- Exposure to large radiation dosages can be lethal, or can lead to cancer and birth defects.
- The radiation dosage to the general public from released gases was less than the amount of exposure from drinking a cup of coffee.
- This method allows irradiation dosages due to low level radiation to be severely underestimated.
More definitions of dosageDefinition of dosage in:
- The US English dictionary