- An estimate of the biological effect of a dose of ionizing radiation, calculated by multiplying the dose received by a factor depending on the type of radiation. It is measured in sieverts.More example sentences
- Linear regression analysis was applied to assess the correlation between the dose equivalent of ionizing radiation to the whole body and MN frequency in exposed workers.
- During a solar particle event, a passenger on a high-flying supersonic aircraft can receive a radiation dose equivalent to about one chest X ray an hour.
- The total increase in cosmonaut exposure was about 6 or 7 rem, a dose equivalent to 100 to 150 days of additional radiation exposure.
More definitions of dose equivalentDefinition of dose equivalent in:
- The US English dictionary