A company that conducts its business on the Internet: tons of dot-coms went out of business
More example sentences
- New companies that work solely through the Internet, especially the dot-coms, have a distinctive style.
- However, pure-play dot-coms are challenged to attract customers during the holidays without breaking the bank.
- In the light-speed world of dot-coms, few corporate managers have time to wait for a warehouse to be built.
1990s: from '.com' in an Internet address, indicating a commercial site.
- More example sentences
- Having already gone from boom to bust, many dot-commers are coming to something worse.
- The site tapped into the thriving E-mail grapevine through which dot-commers swapped gossip about their companies.
- While the media tends to focus on displaced dot-commers and laid-off Enron executives, these women represent the hidden underside of the recession.