Definition of double chin in English:
A roll of fatty flesh below a person’s chin.
- Clinics report a doubling in the number of image-conscious men who have gone under the surgeon's scalpel over the past two years, to rid themselves of flabby buttocks or double chins.
- The correct use of muscles can reshape the body, lift sagging cheeks, melt away double chins, middle-age spread and abdominal bulges, restore elasticity to the skin, iron out creepy necks and eliminate flabbiness.
- Over my years as a model I have been told a number of rude things about my body, like my breasts are too big, or that they are fake; that I have a double chin, a fat neck or a fold on my tummy.
- Example sentences
- An exhibition of saucy seaside postcards aims to take visitors back to an era when blondes were dumb and all mothers-in-law were double-chinned tyrants.
- There, a double-chinned commandant told us, ‘No one without a permit goes upriver.’
- The only animation in the marquise's rotund and double-chinned face, as she loosens her lips into a perfunctory smile, is to be found in her alert eyes as she looks up from her embroidery.
Definition of double chin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan