- 1A train pulled by two locomotives coupled together.More example sentences
- I made the trip out to Portland to see this double-header.
- 2chiefly North American A sporting event in which two games or contests are played in succession at the same venue, typically between the same teams or players.More example sentences
- The protest was upheld and the game was replayed September 15 as part of a double-header with both teams splitting the twin bill.
- He was back at centre-half 48 hours after operating at full back, one of six City players from the West Brom game completing a double-header.
- Five days later, Ruth made a single plate appearance during the first game of a double-header at Philadelphia's Baker Bowl, then removed himself from the game of baseball for good.
More definitions of double-headerDefinition of double-header in:
- The US English dictionary