- A pair of parallel helices intertwined about a common axis, especially that in the structure of the DNA molecule.More example sentences
- In an actin filament, two chains of actin beads wrap around each other in yet another double helix.
- Clearly, the rigidity is different for the regions consisting of one double helix or two double helices and the bends are likely to be localized at certain points within the unit.
- The opening of basepairs in DNA double helices is a prerequisite for propagation and expression of genetic information.
More definitions of double helixDefinition of double helix in:
- The US English dictionary