- 1A sign placed before a musical note to indicate that it is to be raised two semitones.More example sentences
- Successful performance of this work requires a moderate to advanced sense of lyrical line, fluid mastery of third octave fingerings and a working knowledge of accidentals, including double sharps (x).
- To be complete about accidentals, let us mention the double-sharp and the double flat.
- 1.1A musical note marked a double sharp or raised two semitones.More example sentences
- There is a double sharp in the first flute part at measure 19; intermediate flutists may not have encountered this before.
More definitions of double sharpDefinition of double sharp in:
- The US English dictionary