- A person who is sceptical and refuses to believe something without proof: I was a real doubting Thomas. I didn’t believe the stuff would work those doubting Thomases still can’t figure out how the show became a hitMore example sentences
- Still, I'm a doubting Thomas - I'll believe it when I see it.
- Through her career in painting and drawing (she graduated with honours from the Ontario College of Art), as well as her dancing, modeling, acting and martial arts instruction, she has defied the doubting Thomases.
- This really hurt them and gave them a powerful incentive to put the record straight and to prove the doubting Thomases wrong.
early 17th century: with biblical allusion to the apostle Thomas (John 20:24–29).
More definitions of doubting ThomasDefinition of doubting Thomas in:
- The US English dictionary